No matter how bad my day has gone, I still have things for which I can be thankful. A friend who has CRPS also, Kylee, has a blog and made a neat post that I decided to copy. She made a list of 10 good things from the day. Since then, I’ve been trying to think of things to be thankful for each day. So, since today is Thanksgiving, I’ll share my list of 10…
1. I’m thankful for God and the strength and courage He has given me to face each day of life
2. I’m grateful for the family and friends God has provided me with who help when I forget God’s love
3. I appreciate the blessings I have living here in America where I have plenty to eat, a nice warm home, and so much more!
4. I am thankful for the opportunity to get an education. For the opportunity to not only get one college degree, but to go back for a second. Also, for the opportunity to go to a Christian school without fear.
5. I’m grateful for my adorable dog, Maigee, who can cheer me up, no matter how my day is going (and I’m grateful for my rabbits, cats, and fish too).
6. I really appreciate the opportunities God has given me to travel around the world and share His love with others on various mission trips.
7. I’m grateful for the friends I’ve made through my journey with CRPS, and for the help they’ve given me.
8. I’m thankful for the medical opportunities I have in this country, for the doctors, nurses, therapists, etc. who have worked to relieve some pain and restore function to my life.
9. I’m grateful for myself, for the amazing body God has given me, for the opportunity to praise Him, and to do all the things that I can.
10. You know what? In a way, I’m even thankful for the pain and how it has changed my life, drawing me closer to God and for the way it changed my plans for the future, pushing me into nursing. I’m not thankful for everything the pain has done to my life, but I do appreciate a few aspects.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippeans 4:6